The enriched library of Fakir Chand College, Diamond Harbour was established by Jagadish Chandra Halder, in memory of his father Late Fakir Chand Halder in 1948 at Diamond Harbour Boys School. Later in the year 1952 it was shifted to the ground floor of the present main campus of Fakir Chand College. Initially it only had collection of books of arts subjects. The primary goal of the library was to cater to the needs of the students relating to their field of learning. At present it encapsulated a huge collection of reading books, reference materials and various journals of arts, science and commerce subjects and photocopying facility for helping the young mind and the teachers. The later enough space was allotted to accomonadate the library in the second floor of our college.
The Library of Fakir Chand College is divided into three broad sections. The Under graduate section library, the Post-Graduate Section Library and the B.ED section library. All the three branches are enriched with a good number of books and reading materials of all subjects acc to respective syllabus. It also has a good collection of current magazines and journals. The UG Section Library is further divided into two sections- the Arts Library and the Science and Commerce Library.