Library Rules and Regulations
The membership of the Fakir Chand College Library is open to the Teachers, Students and Non-teaching employees.
- On entering the library, every library member/user will be required to write legibly his/her name in full, Card No., arrival & departure, etc. in the register kept for the purpose.
- All members/users shall maintain silence in the library. Loudly speaking and gossiping, sleeping, using mobile, smoking inside the library premises are strictly prohibited.
- No user is allowed to enter inside the Library premises carrying his/her personal belongings i.e. bags, photocopied documents, laptop, portfolios, satchels, attaché cases, umbrellas, flat file covers, personal book, folder, etc.
- Every member of the library shall be responsible for the safe custody of any library book borrowed by him/her for study in the library reading room or for use at home.
- The cards are not transferable and Lending Card must be produced for borrowing books. The Reading Card must be produced for using journals, reference books etc. in the reading room and for network searching.
- In case of loss of Library Cards, a borrower should immediately report the same to the Librarian for getting duplicate card against the lost one by depositing the prescribed fee at the college cash counter.
- In case of loss of any borrowed book, the borrower should inform the Librarian immediately to avoid the complexity on this issue.
- A card holder can borrow one book at a time.
- Any student member can borrow a book for 15 (fifteen) days. A book can be reissued for maximum two times, if no demand is received from any other member in the mean time for the said book.
- All other members can borrow a book for one month and can get it re issued for maximum two times, if no demand is reserved from any other member in the mean time for the said book.
- Overdue fine is levied @ Rs. 1 per lent out book per day.
- Library Card must be returned to the Library at the end of the Session.